Foodies for Dummies



The Dummy Recipe

Disclaimer: This is my first try on making desserts on my own and the results will explain everything by itself. (even the title) Also, please notice the irony on my blog post title. I had the idea right after I saw the results of my own skills. I am trying to improve though. Hope you enjoy! :-)

Hello,for the last kick of summer, instead of going to the beach, going on a road trip or going on an adventure to remember, I decided to make desserts! We went grocery shopping just recently and I though that it would be fun to do something recreational at home, and well! Here I am.

Here are three recipes of the desserts that I made. Forgive the fail output on some of the recipes, I did try my best as a newbie and it still tastes good! *hysterical laugh*

MANGO SAGO



I learned this recipe when I was in Grade 10. It was one of the recipes we had to make for our finals and it has become my favorite desserts since!

Ingredients:

* Sago (Tapioca Pearls) - 3 cups
* Mangoes - 2 cups
* Condensed Milk - 3/4 cups
* Cream - 1 cup

Procedures:

1. In boiling water, put Tapioca Pearls and stir every once in a while for 30 minutes. (Or in my case, until cooked. and by that I mean the Tapioca Pearls have turned clear in color.

2. Dice the Mangoes and set aside.

3. Combine the cooked Tapioca Pearls, Diced Mangoes, Condensed Milk and Cream in a medium bowl and mix altogether.

4. Refrigerate until cold. and serve.

-- You can add more condensed milk or cream if you want, the more the merrier they say!

REESE'S PEANUT BUTTER & CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES



This is my first time on baking by myself! The result of it is certified foodie for the dummy (haha) because one, we didn't have cupcake containers so I had to improvise, and the frosting wasn't much of a success (see for yourself. *wink*) Nonetheless, it was really fun to make!

P.S. Some ingredients on the picture above wasn't used in the actual process because of certain reasons. Anyways, you can definitely buy your own cupcake mix and add other ingredients if you want too! (plus google is a great help)

Ingredients for the mix:

* Reese's Peanut Butter & Chocolate Cupcake mix
* Water -1/2 cup
* Vegetable Oil - 1/3 cup
* Eggs - 2

Procedures:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F)
2. Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl. Using a whisk or a fork, mix all the ingredients until smooth.
3. Spoon mix onto the cupcake containers/trays.
4. Bake for 21-26 minutes.




Ingredients for the filling:

* Filling Mix
* Butter - 2 tablespoons
* Milk - 4 teaspoons

Procedure:

1. Beat all the ingredients in an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds then medium speed for 1 minute.
2.Put the filling inside the plastic bag given inside the Cupcake mix box and fill the cooked cupcakes with filling.

Ingredients for the frosting

* Butter - 2 tablespoons
* Powdered Sugar - 2 cups
* Vanilla Flavor -1/2 teaspoons
* Milk - 2 tablespoons

Procedure:

1. Beat all the ingredients in an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and fluffy.
2. Spread the frosting on the cupcakes.
3. Refrigerate.

Here is the result!



GRAHAM OREO CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES


The last recipe I made was quite easy! It's a non-bake dessert that's time convenient and definitely delicious! By the way, this is my own version of truffles. I had to improvise!!!

Ingredients:

* Chocolate Graham Crackers
* Oreo Biscuits
* Easy Melt Dark Chocolate Buttons
* Condensed Milk

Procedure:

1. Crush Graham Crackers and Oreo Biscuits.
2. In a medium bowl, combine crackers and biscuits and add condensed milk. Mix until fully blended together.
3. Take an ample amount from the mix and create small balls (like making munchkins) and refrigerate.
4. Put the Easy Melt Dark Chocolate Buttons in a small bowl and microwave for 15-20 seconds.
5. Take the truffles from the fridge and dip the balls in the melted chocolate, sprinkle with crushed Oreos or Grahams if desired.
6. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Serve

The results!



Note: Being a beginner on new things can be tough but that doesn't mean we stop doing what we want to do. It takes practice to be very good at something, so do what you love and love what you do! The opportunities waiting for you are limitless!

Yours truly, LOREN

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Open for your comments

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates